Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weight & Nutrition Update Plus Mini-Goal

For the past month, I've maintained an average daily weight of 126.5 lbs and my weight has stayed under 132 for over 4 months. In fact, I've kept my weight under 135 since July of 2010. I feel pretty good about that and it seems I've been able to stick to a few new good habits. My eating habits have fluctuated and I haven't been as healthy as I'd like, but I seem to jump back on track fairly well.

My Current Weight and Measurements* (April 16th):

126.3 lbs
25.5 in. waist / 36.5 in. hips / 20.25 in. thighs

*I replaced my old tape measure which seemed to have stretched a little and I also try to keep my body natural and not suck it in so much while measuring (but I still do, of course).

Random Notes About My Nutrition and Eating Habits:

1. No counting calories because of this simple formula that seems to apply to me:

Counting Calories + Obsessive Traits = Overeating and Possible Weight Gain

I can glance at most dishes and accurately approximate the calories and I don't ignore caloric intake. I could probably estimate my daily count but then I'd just want to be completely accurate and thus begins the circle of obsession that sucks up my time and energy and somehow Jedi-mind tricks me into eating more. If I focus on knowing what I need to eat and not on what I can't eat, I fare better over all.

2. Freshly juiced fruits and vegetables- I average 2-4 servings a day (most days)
(I try to use a variety of fruits and vegetables but my favorites are apples, carrot, ginger, cucumber, spinach, parsley, kale, strawberries, and blueberries)

3. No Soda and No Caffeine- I cheat once in a while but I'm no longer addicted

4. Foods I'm currently trying to incorporate into my daily (or semi-daily) diet:
  • brown rice
  • broccoli
  • spinach
  • sweet potatoes
  • avocados
  • whole grains
  • organic eggs (with omega-3)
  • fresh fish
  • coconut water
Once I've added a few more items to my daily menu, I'll begin to explore recipes and additional foods to add variety and maximum nutritional benefits.

My Next Goal

I'm happy with my weight but I'd like to set my next goal as maintaining a weight of 123-125 lbs. I'd like to get down to this range by next Friday since I have an event to attend but I'll cut myself some slack if I end of maintaining (it's that time of the month, so I need to be realistic). I want to try to maintain this weight for at least a couple of weeks before exploring the 120-123 range. I'll post pics and ask for kind but honest input.

Not only do I want to look great weight wise, I want my skin and overall appearance to radiate "HEALTHY" (yet skinny). There are a few people, not many, that seem determined to mention my weight whenever they see me. I'm too skinny, according to them, but they're out of line as this is happening in the work place. I think they believe they're paying me a compliment but to me they're insinuating I have a health/mental problem. I'm not going to hash this out AGAIN, but it's embarrassing and I'm NOT UNDERWEIGHT (fucking drives me insane).

It they're truly concerned, then pull me aside. I'm an adult. Or better yet, call my husband. I'm sure he'll be thrilled to speak to another guy giving input on his wife's weight (for the record, my husband loves the way I look and it doesn't matter if I'm 115 or 145- he seems to think I'm beautiful and perfect). I'm a lucky woman because of him. He drives me crazy some times but we're always on the same team and we have a mutual respect for one anther.

I guess I threw in a rant at the end of the post. Oh, well. That's all for now but I'll be back shortly, I'm sure.

Cheers to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. "I'm sure he'll be thrilled to speak to another guy giving input on his wife's weight (for the record, my husband loves the way I look and it doesn't matter if I'm 115 or 145- he seems to think I'm beautiful and perfect). I'm a lucky woman because of him. He drives me crazy some times but we're always on the same team and we have a mutual respect for one anther."

    Our husbands seem to be a lot alike! lol

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mistress! Yeah, I noticed you had a husband as well and from what I could tell, you two seem to be a happy couple. It's definitely nice to have someone supportive who gives unconditional love. When I started writing my response to your comment, it turned into a lengthy rant so I’ve decided to post it on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration and I hope you like the post. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete